Forms and Publications for Providers

Understanding your rights and responsibilities when providing student accommodation will help you to manage the process, and know where to turn if you need advice or assistance.


  • Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) is the governing body responsible for the Residential Tenancies Act (1997). They offer free advice, forms, publications, fact sheets and provide a conciliation service for disput resolution
  • Download the CAV Rentright App for important information and tools to help you manage your tenancy
  • The Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunals purpose is to provide Victorians with a low cost,accessible, efficient and independent tribunal delivering high quality dispute resolution. VCAT a students perspective
  • The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) offers a free mediation service to help resolve disputes.
  • Rooming house operator can access additional resources and rooming house infomation to help with running a rooming house.

Forms and Publications

It is recommended, and in some cases required, that landlords use or provide the following forms and publication with new or existing tenants.